Exhibition

Carl Fransson / Group XLII Apr 2016 - Sep 2016

LOS ANGELES

9/10/16 to 9/11/16

Schindler House 835 N. Kings Rd. West Hollywood, CA 90069

For their installation at the Schindler House, Stockholm-based architects Carl Fransson and Thomas Paltiel of studio nāv referred to the year 1809, when Philipp Bozzini introduced the “Lichtleiter”—the first endoscope—a light conductor to examine the inner workings of the human body, expanding the scope of ‘seeing’ from the exterior to the interior. Narrated as an open-ended reading of inscription and visibility, their sculptural and audio installation stemmed from their personal exploration of solar sites in the Mojave Desert, and stretched into a speculative reading of spatial structures and psycho-social realities—unfolding as a loose genealogy of design, American gothic, and sonic fiction. Sound elements were produced in collaboration with Mya Gomez.

Project Images

B0c0ad5cb136373c54eae8eb00c35dd5   

Invitation

Front:
85c14a7fddb34c75d7218c9042b805b7   
Back:
F20aae7ae58d060134e34dca3abb6307